Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shabby Chic Poppies

I have to confess that it is really hard for me to make a Shabby Chic card. The idea of distressing a card just seems so alien to me. The whole time I used an edge distresser on this card I thought, "oh no, I am losing my nice crisp edge." Humm...I might have been missing the point.

The challenge last week on the Hero Arts blog was to make a card that was inspired by one of the sneak peeks of their new line. I was really inspired by Lisa Spangler's video she posted on Wednesday. You can see that post here. I tried to incorporate elements she used such as a distressed ink background, Copic coloring, and distressed edges. I especially liked that she highlighted parts of her background with a white Prismacolor pencil and added some brown Copic to her flower so that it would match the distressed look of the card. I really like how the card turned out, so I guess it is true that it is sometimes a great idea to step outside of your comfort zone.

11 comments:

Pajalu said...

Laura this card is well worth the distress of dirstressing it. Your card is just stunning.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely Lovely card! Loved the softness and the poppies are so elegant!

Anonymous said...

Love your poppy card! Not too shabby!!! :) Q

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!

- Deborah

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Laura...I LOVE that Poppy!!! Great card.....

Anne said...

Hi, Laura! I just love this card! It is so pretty and I love the colors. Shabby chic is hard for me, too. Glad I'm not the only one! :-)

Allison Rankin said...

This is so pretty! Great job!

Sonia said...

So beautiful, Laura! I just love the shades of pink you used. You should incorporate this card into one of your classes someday. :-) (Pretty please?)

Jnett said...

Your card is great. That is one of my all-time favorite stamps. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I se an honorable mention on the Hero blog! Woohoo!

Pajalu said...

Congratulations on your HM over on the Hero Arts blog :D.