Sunday, September 7, 2008

Boo!

Sorry for the long break between posts, last week was crazy! I housesat/dogsat for the week and then watched as everything around me broke. That last statement seems like such a dramatic exaggeration,
but the sad thing is it wasn't far from the truth. The good news is I am back in my own bed, can use my own computer and have access to my newly repaired car. Life is good.

It was so good to see many of you at Angela's on Saturday to celebrate her birthday. I couldn't believe how many people braved the hurricane remnants to come to the store. I heard that Reston, VA received 8.8" of rain that day. Yikes!

For today's card, I am posting one I did with my new Hero Arts Halloween set. I have been doing so much lately with that set and the Basic Grey Ambrosia line. I am in love with that paper! I don't think the line was meant as a Halloween paper since BG describes it as "citrus injected with a zesty finish," however, I have found it to be perfect for the Halloween cards I have been making.

To make this card, I stamped the pumpkin with Memories black ink and colored it with copic markers. I then added "Boo" with a Hero Arts alphabet set and edged the cream paper with a sponge and black ink. It was a VERY quick card to make, and after the week I had, that is a VERY wonderful thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll testify that you were not being over dramatic (for once) about your week. Like the card you did and am glad you are home and life is good. I'm once again trying to commment on your site.

Marilynn

Shirley said...

Now this is precious! I really like the pumpkin's grin and the BG papers are perfect for this.