Monday, June 23, 2008

Perfect Blend


Just a reminder for those of you who shop at Angela's: there is a free demo as well as a trunk show tomorrow (Tue, June 24th) from 12-2pm and again from 6-8pm by Stacy Rich from Stacy Stamps. I always encourage people to meet with individual stamp company owners whenever they get the chance. Nobody knows their products as well as they do! Plus, it is free, and I am all about that. :)

Today I am posting a card I did for my "coffee and tea" class. I might teach this class again, but it seems like the wrong time of year right now. I like the idea of teaching it when we can sit around making cards and sipping hot beverages.

Unfortunately, I can't remember if I already posted this card before or not. I am too tired (and lazy) to check. So, if you have seen it before, sorry! To make this card, I stamped an image by Stamping Bella onto white cardstock using black memento ink. I colored the women with Copic markers and added some shading around the women with Warm Grey #1. I added a saying by Inkadinkado and layered all of the pieces onto some paisley paper by Creative Imaginations. This is a very easy card to make!

On a personal note, I got to pick up some art this weekend that I had won at the Artomatic show in DC. For those of you who hadn't heard, I won a raffle at the craft show I talked about last month on my blog (the show with the peep displays). I received money to pick out any art I wanted at the show (within the limit they gave me). It was a bit overwhelming considering there were 10 floors of art to review! Anyway, I got to pick up my art, and I am just so pleased to have it. My partner in crime Chrisi and I split the prize and each picked a painting by the same artist. They are 6" x 6" oil canvases that are displayed in black shadow boxes without the glass. If you would like to see what we chose, check out this link. I picked "Ocean Glass," and Chrisi picked "Mary go Around." Of course, right now I keep thinking how nice Chrisi's painting looks nice at my place. Plus, I never told her WHEN I would give her her art....... humm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card! It's hot, but we could be sitting around crafting and sipping iced coffee or tea. Q

Unknown said...

Love your card and the artwork you won!