Sunday, September 30, 2007

Love the Pears

I posted a pear card a couple of days ago, and it prompted me to post another one. I don't know what it is about pears, but I sure do love to stamp them!
One of the great things about working with pear stamps is that you can really play around with the colors. It is okay to stamp them in greens, golds, burgundys, etc... For my card today, the pear turned out kind of pink!
For today's card, I stamped a pear word background (A Stamp in the Hand) onto cream cardstock and embossed it in gold.
To create the pear, I colored the stamp (again, A Stamp in the Hand) with watercolor crayons, spritzed it and stamped it onto white cardstock. The beauty of watercolor crayons and a solid stamp is that you never know the result you are going to get. This card's pear looks kind of "splotchy." Sometimes the watercolor looks smoother.
I stamped a striped background (Hampton Art) with the same process- watercolor crayons colored directly onto the stamp, spritzed and stamped onto white cardstock. I wanted the lines to be somewhat well-defined, so I didn't use as much water as I did with the pear.
I then layered all of the pieces and included a piece of white mulberry paper that I had spritzed with a gold glimmer mist. You can't tell from the picture, but the mulberry has a "shimmer" to it.
Oh! One last tip when working with watercolor crayons on a stamp- be sure that the stamp is SLIGHTLY wet when you apply the crayon to the image. You will find it so much easier to color the stamp! I like to wipe the stamp with a damp paper towel...that way you don't get too much water onto the stamp.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Here is my take on the challenge

Laura said...

Here is my take on the challenge