Friday, May 25, 2007

TGIF!

I swear it has felt like Friday every day this week. Today it is actually true! Woohoo! Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for me at the stamp store. Beverly Seymour of B Line Designs will be teaching classes and hosting a trunk show. It is always exciting to have a guest instructor, but it sure does add a lot of chaos!

The card I am posting today uses a technique that I haven't seen in a while. To make this card, I used a "bunny burner" to transfer a photocopy of floral scrapbook paper onto a tag. A bunny burner (have no idea why it is called that) is essentially a heat tool that can transfer photocopies onto a number of surfaces. It doesn't have any safety features, and I am prone to burning myself with it every time. However, I think it sounds cool to say the burn marks on my hands come from my artwork (at least, that is what I tell myself). After I transferred the paper, I sponged ink all around the tag and added some stamped items. The background was made using a large background image stamped onto mulberry paper and then highlighted with some green chalks. All stamps are from Impression Obsession.

No comments: