Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New Scanner

I am working with a new scanner and trying to figure out how to scan copies of my work. I loved my old scanner, but when I updated to a new computer, it no longer worked. I tried to download a new driver for it from the scanner company, but they referred to my scanner as an "end of lifer" and would not patch it to my new computer. Seems rather harsh to me. I think we should not refer to our elderly as "end of lifers." Sometimes technology can stink. What good is a new computer if you have to replace all the peripherals? But I digress....

The card on the left is a photocopy of a picture of my great grandmother (aka Mackey). I attached the photocopy to script scrapbook paper by using melted paraffin wax and a paintbrush. The hot wax allows the background paper to show through the copier paper. After the images "melded" together, I removed the extra wax with an iron. This particular technique has a lot of collage possibilities!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? Beautiful use of Mackey's photo! Evidently I must learn the wax technique for my collage projects!

Anonymous said...

Cool technique...looks like one you could teach your good friend back in ABQ. :-)