Monday, May 29, 2023

May Favorites


Greetings friends. Today the design team is sharing their favorites from the May release. If you would like to see all the designers' projects, you can find them on the Impression Obsession blog.

For my favorite, I am highlighting the new Birthday Fishes clear set. It has a fish that is very easy to color and cut out (if you choose) as well as lots of coordinating sentiments.  This is what the set looks like:

In the first sample, I paired a Copic-colored fish with some die cut lures and fishing net as well as some of the new woodgrain paper.

The second card has a background I colored using blue alcohol ink and some Yupo paper. I misted the card lightly with alcohol to give it a more mottled look.

The fish was colored with Copic markers, cut out and popped up with some foam tape. 

For the tag, I die cut a sign that was jagged on one side, flipped the die around and ran it through the machine again so that it would be jagged on both sides. I'm a big proponent of getting the most out of your dies! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Impression Obsession Items Used:

Let Minnow
CS1171 Birthday Fishes clear set
CL1181 Gone Fishing Clear set
DIE823Y Fish Net die
DIE1219 Lures die
PP033 Wood Grain paper pack


Catch You Later
CS1171 Birthday Fishes clear set
CL1181 Gone Fishing Clear set
DIE965 Small Tags die

1 comment:

Susan said...

I never met a fish I wanted to eat, but these cards are adorable!