Thursday, December 6, 2018

IO Challenge- Quick Christmas Cards


Greetings friends.  Need ideas for some quick Christmas cards?  Want to participate in the challenge yourself?  You can find a list of all the participating designers as well as information on the challenge over on the Impression Obsession blog.


For my card to day, I made a quick design that involves two stamps and some basic coloring with Zig Clean Color Brush markers.  I didn't bother to do any sort of blending.  I simply colored the holly and leaves with the markers.

To make the card I stamped the flower/holly image that is called Swag onto 140lb watercolorpaper at the top and bottom using black Versafine ink.  Versafine is my "go to" inkpad when I am doing any watercolor work.  Notice that I flipped it over so that the image would "frame" my By Gosh By Golly sentiment in the center.  I colored the outside edges with a light brown marker and a waterbrush, but if I were to do it over again, I would have just sponged on some brown ink.

Impression Obsession Items Used on the Card:
Swag D19881
By Gosh By Golly E19878

Other Items Used on the Card:
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Black Versafine


1 comment:

Helen said...

Laura, this card is so delightful for the holidays. Great sentiment that is highlighted so well by your design layout and coloring. tfs