Thursday, September 20, 2018

IO Challenge- Things With Wings


Greetings friends.  For today's challenge, I went outside my comfort zone.  I have to admit, I don't do as much mixed media.  Sometimes I get intimidated by it.  However, my mom and I got together and created a lot of backgrounds using gelli plates, stencils and acrylic paint.  I thought this particular one in greys and blacks made a nice backdrop for the Bee Collage stamp.

I stamped the bee collage onto my background with black Versafine ink, let it dry and then highlighted parts with white and yellow Prismacolor pencils.

To finish the design, I added one of the borders from from the Lindsay Borders clear set.  This border that looks a bit like barbed wire is something I use all the time for Halloween cards.

The last step  was to add the Artful Soul sentiment with the same black ink.


Impression Obsession items used on the card:
Bee Collage F22007
Lindsay Borders CL766
Artful Soul C20394

Don't forget to check out the other designers! 

1 comment:

World of Animals, Inc said...

I love using quotes in any craft work that I partake in. I especially love the use of color and design that you used in yours, such a creative and innovative idea. Thanks for the share.
World of Animals