Thursday, September 6, 2018

IO Challenge- Rainbow Colors


Greetings friends.  I hope you are in the mood for lots of colors today because the current challenge is all about rainbow colors.

For my card today, I wanted to make a rainbow watercolor drip background, so I started with 140lb watercolor paper, wet it with water and then let assorted watercolor paints drip down the paper.

I cut off a strip at the bottom of the paper so that I could add the Colorfully sentiment onto it with black ink and mount it on the top of the card.  To finish the card, I added colorful butterflies I cut from the Butterfly Set dies.

Very simple and very easy.  Here is a closeup:


On a different note, if you are one of my Virginia friends, Impression Obsession has an upcoming warehouse sale.  IO is located outside of Richmond, so you might want to think about making the trip.  There are great deals to be had!

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1176319&u=1809425&m=79613&urllink=www%2Eiostamps%2Ecom%2F&afftrack=


Impression Obsession items used:
Butterfly Set dies DIE046-A
Colorfully C17064

Don't forget to visit the other designers for more colorful inspiration!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the drip look! I’ll have to try that.

Helen said...

What a delightful card, Laura. The rainbow wash background with the added rainbow of butterflies is a fun card design. tfs

April said...

This is so pretty and I love the saying!