Thursday, August 23, 2018

IO Challenge- Pop Up Your Words


Greetings friends.  Today is all about making words the focal point of your card.  I don't know if you have noticed, but Impression Obsession has lots of amazing quotes from the funny and ridiculous to wonderful inspirational advice.  For my card today, I wanted to pop a sentiment I really enjoyed an pair it with a Cover a Card background that matched well with the words.

To make the card, I started with the Shattered sentiment and stamped it onto white cardstock with black Versafine ink.  Next, I colored in the mosaic with various colors of Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.

I thought the new Faceted Cover a Card looked like it would match well with my sentiment, but I didn't want to color in individual sections.  I had already done that with the sentiment.  Instead, I brushed white cardstock with an assortment of PanPastels, stamped the background on top with Versamark ink and then brushed more of the chalk on top.  That will give you a two-tone effect, and it is really, really quick to do.

Impression Obsession items used on the card:
Shattered F18966
Faceted Cover a Card CC330


Need more sentiment inspiration?  Don't forget to visit the other designers!



3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely quote.

Geri S said...

The two mosaic types look intriguing together - great card!

AndreaH said...

What a great looking card the sentiment is very unusual for a stamp company to do. I love it. TFS xx